Goaltide Daily News 2020
Explained: Why it’s an underestimate to say only 6% farmers benefit from MSP: Indian Express
- Issues related to direct and indirect farm subsidies and minimum support prices
- transport and marketing of agricultural produce and issues and related constraints; e-technology in the aid of farmers.
The author throughout the article justifies the fact that MSP beneficiaries are way more (nearly 20-25%) of agri-households than quoted by the Shanta Kumar-headed High-Level Committee on Restructuring of Food Corporation of India (FCI) (mere 6%). Article contains some data related to the trends of procurement of different agri-products. Observing the recent prelims paper, its important for prelims as well. Read this carefully.
Over 10 million patients, India’s 10-year Hepatitis C elimination deadline seems far: Indian Express
- Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health, Education, Human Resources.
Nothing much. It’s just an appraisal of the performance of our health sector with respect to Hepatitis-C. A crude reading is enough.
Confusion reigns on what the Quad is and its future in India’s international relations: Indian Express
- India and its neighbourhood- relations. Bilateral, regional and global groupings and agreements involving India and/or affecting India’s interests.
India, Post-Independence has mostly tried to stay away from alliances. However, changing geo-politics demand some sort of flexibility from this stance. The infructuous obsession with non-alignment diverts Delhi’s policy attention away from the urgent task of rapidly expanding India’s national capabilities in partnership with like-minded partners. An India that puts its interests above the doctrine will find coalitions like the Quad critical for its international prospects. Read the article for complete understanding.
Tales of decadence: The Tribune
- Welfare schemes for vulnerable sections of the population by the Centre and States and the performance of these schemes; mechanisms, laws, institutions and Bodies constituted for the protection and betterment of these vulnerable sections.
You might find the article slightly political, but author has narrated the current scenarios of the nation very effectively. He is of the opinion that the Indian leaders these days are not following the ideals of our freedom fighters nor are they actively indulging in eliminating social evils in the society. Rather their main focus is elections and the worst part is they are using the evils pertaining in our society to their own benefits. So, key issues are being undermined which is not a healthy sign of democracy. Read the article to get a hang of it. It becomes relevant from GS-I perspective as well, Very imp.